Water Mission is a non-profitChristian engineering organization providing sustainable safe water andsanitation solutions for people in developing countries and disamer areas. Safewater is the source of life. it is the foundation for health. education andviable economies. Through the generous support of individuals, churches.corporate partners and many others. Water Mission has brought relief and hopeto more than 3.3 million people across the globe. Add morally, Water Missionoperates nine country programs in Latin America. Africa and Asia and has served53 deferent countries on live different continents. In Uganda. Water Mission operatesas Water Missions Uganda (WMU) with ofﬁces based in Jinja. WMU has sewed over500.000 people with safe water and sanitation solutions in development andrefugee emergency settings. Our faith and belief in the sanctity of lifeeconomies us in develop and implement die best technologies and communitydevelopment programs so God will be honored and gloriﬁed through our work. Ourmission is to be a best-in-class Christian engineering non-proﬁt thattransforms lives through sustainable safe water solutions.
Because our mission is global. urgent. and enormous the person in any of thefollowing positions must have the temperament and energy to be a leader in anentrepreneurial environment. The person must have the ability and be willing tofulﬁl multiple responsibilities. He or she must not only be comfortable in, butbe energized by highly ﬂuid. rapidly changing work environments. At WMU we workas a learn. All employees must show initiative and seek to improve the waythings are done and to conduct the work in an increasingly cost effectivemanner. Because WMU seeks to share the news of the Living Water. all employees areexpected to share the gospel through their minds and actions.
Post: 2 Wash Officers- Rhino Camp.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the Supervision of the WASH Team Leader. the WASH Officer shall be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Advising the WASH team in water. sanitation and hygiene promotion programming, in broad mordination with other sectors
- Ensuring quaity and integrity of implementation. including adherence to technical guidelines. administrative systems. and established deadlines
- Advising on mainstreaming gender, protection, and DRR in project and program activities
- Assisting in the preparation of the WASH proposals
- Analyzing the baseline study data to determine the underlining needs of the beneficiaries
- Oversee implementation of MEE systems including HIMS or DHIS} through regular ﬁeld monitoring visits and tracking of Key Performance indicators at the as approved by the donor.
- Support management and accountability through routine. accurate collection and reporting of information that conﬁrms status of project activities based on log-irames.
- Making project proposals. budgets. work plans and Support project implementation.
- Preparing progress update and periodic ﬁeld activity reports for the respective project partners including districts and country ofﬁce.
- Providing supervision and support to Assistant WASH office’s routinely through the project life.
- Carrying out community institutional assessments in a timely and efficient manner lo establish the WASH Situation and need.
- Mobilizing communities lo participate in the implementation of safe motor projects.
- Supporting communities in the formulation and capacity building of WASH committees through trainings in water, sanitation and hygiene as well as project sustainability and micro-enterprise.
- Supporting project beneﬁciaries to develop a sustainable 081M mentalism with full engagement of all.
- Carrying out support monitoring to both field staff and beneﬁciaries.
- Melting a good inventory of ell project date including reports m photos.
- Routine monitoring anti supervision of lilt activities.
- Implement Community Development aspects of projects according to WM standards.
- Improving curriculum inducing foundling and reporting sheets for the communities to use.
- Develop or improve reporting tidal collection templates and when required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Implementation of PHAST end CHAST to improve sanitation and hygiene in the refugee communities
Minimum Education and WorkExperience
- Degree in Public health. social works, Engineering or other relevant training
- Experience dealing with sensitive topics and an appreciation for how issues are deal with in different cultural contexts
- Training in gender issues would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in program design monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 2 years ﬁeld experience in a relief or development environment.
- Thorough knowledge of WASH national and international standards.
- Strong competence in English literacy
- Proven skills in computer programs (Word Excel: Minimum)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent skills in response writing and meeting dead lines
- To establish effective working relations with life other team members and other stake holders.
Job Education Requirements: BachelorsDegree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Email Curriculum Vitae, EducationalCertificates, Testimonials and a List of References to the Human ResourceOfficer. Water Mission Uganda at