DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reports to: Manager, Fleet & Administration
Job Summary: The role holder will drive Bank staff, consultants and visitors as needed, run office errands, collect mail and deliver packages/mail from the post office, maintain office vehicle fuelled, in clean and serviceable manner, follow up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses and make recommendations to the Manager, Fleet & Administration for necessary actions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive employees/visitors of the Bank to different destinations as approved by the Manager – Fleet & Administration.
- Maintain a logbook showing vehicle movement.
- Maintain office vehicle in clean and serviceable manner.
- Follow up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses.
- Handle transport in a careful and professional manner.
- Operates and maintains company vehicle safely and efficiently, whether manual or standard transmission.
- Handles all physical requirements (lift at least 25 kgs) for loading, transporting and driving without assistance.
- Execute accurate and timely handling of Bank delivery requests.
- Follow DOT regulations and standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the DFCU Bank Driver job must hold a Uganda Certificate Education holder or equivalent or similar.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license Classes B & O and a good driving record.
- Five years of driving experience in a corporate set up.
- Ability to exhibit self-motivated & self-driven capabilities.
- Understanding of Bank policies and procedures
- Industry and business awareness.
- Accident free record.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work extra hours when required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a pleasant & accommodating approach.
- Knowledge of Ugandan roads and terrain.
- Ability to change tyres and check the functionality of the car.
- Walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrate safe and efficient driving skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in paperwork.
- Commitment to adhere and enforce all security procedures.
- Organizational support – follows policies and procedures including, but not limited to, dress code policies.
- Have attention to detail, accuracy and a sense of urgency when handling records.
- Have good geographical knowledge of the bank’s locations.
- Customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Be ready for a physically demanding role – heavy lifting is required.
- Hard working and confident in time management.
- Exhibits high integrity & ethical standards in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Ability to express himself well in English.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions all year round.
- Good knowledge of Uganda roads and traffic rules.
- Fit, healthy & able to achieve delivery targets daily.
- Communicates in a friendly professional manner with clients and co-workers.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications with detailed CV’s including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to
the email address indicated below;